Muculoskeletal pain care
Chiropractic is a healthcare profession that treats mechanical problems affecting bones, joints, muscles and nerves. While it is best recognised for resolving problems of the spine such as neck or back pain, there is evidence supporting chiropractic for many other musculoskeletal disorders.
Manipulation is often used for stiff or painful joints of the spine and limbs. Our chiropractors use gentle McTimoney manipulation techniques to reduce pain and restore joint movement. This is combined with other approaches, including:
- Joint manipulation/mobilisation
- Muscle stretches or massage
- Individual exercise prescription
- Help with psychological aspects of painful conditions
- Advice and teaching about prevention and self-management
What can chiropractic help with?
Research supports the use of chiropractic for conditions including:
- Acute and chronic back pain
- Headaches related to neck problems
- Prevention of migraine
- Shoulder pain (including frozen shoulder)
- Elbow pain (including tennis elbow)
- Joint pain (including osteoarthritic hip or knee pain)
- Generalised joint pain and tension
Unsure if we can help you?
Our chiropractors are always happy to offer a preliminary discussion as we understand that patients sometimes need more information before deciding whether to proceed with chiropracticContact us